Optional Features and Accessories
Many hearing aids we offer come with optional features like directional microphones, listening programs and Bluetooth® compatibility as well as accessories to help with TV watching and hands-free cell phone connection. Austin Hearing Aid Center offers maintenance and repair services to make sure your hearing aids are always working properly. We also offer a wide variety of products for hearing protection when you’re in noisy environments, when swimming, and musician products to protect or enhance hearing. Assistive listening devices are available when hearing aids are not enough or not an option.
Amplified Captioned Telephone
Texas residents who are hard of hearing are eligible for a free amplified captioned telephone that helps them communicate with others easily and effortlessly. The phone features a transcript of each conversation and an amplified handset that provides loud, clear sound. In order to qualify for a phone, contact Austin Hearing Aid Center to schedule an appointment for a hearing evaluation and we will verify your hearing loss. During your visit, we are happy to discuss additional options for improving your communication abilities and reconnecting with friends and loved ones. Call us today at 512.444.8684.
Utilizing advanced acoustic filter technology; TRU hearing protection has been critically tuned to reduce volume yet maintain sound quality across the sound frequency spectrum. The result is a comfortable and transparent listening experience for professional musicians and recreational users.
Westone’s TRU Recreational is a great off-the-shelf solution that provides a comfortable and tuned listening experience for everything from concerts to movie attendance, and any other situation where mid level noise exposure exists. The TRU WR20 offers average attenuation of 20 dB and NRR 12.
Hearing Aid Dehumidifier
Super Dri-Aid Hearing Aid Dehumidifier absorbs moisture from your hearing aid, prolonging its lifetime and increasing its sound quality. You will receive a jar filled with moisture-drawing beads with this hearing aid maintenance device. To use the Super Dri-Aid Hearing Aid Dehumidifier, simply remove the battery from your hearing aid, place your hearing aid on the layer of foam that separates your hearing aid from the moisture-drawing beads and close the lid tight. Your hearing aid will be ready for use in no time. Great for use in a humid environment, when you have come into contact with water, or as a regular part of your hearing aid cleaning regimen.
- Prolongs the life of your hearing aid
- Improve the sound quality in your hearing aid
- Blue beads turn pink to show they're working
- Beads are reusable; just put them in the oven (follow instructions)
Hearing Aid Batteries
Hearing aids need batteries which are reliable, safe, versatile and extremely powerful!
- Signia hearing aid batteries are high quality with long life, even in powerful instruments.
- Signia batteries provide long running times at a constant voltage level and thus contribute to an optimum hearing aid performance.
- Signia batteries are reliable and safe due to triple sealed high quality material e. g. stainless steel.
- Signia batteries are environmentally friendly as they are 100% mercury free.
Signia battery packaging is easy to handle and keeps the batteries safe.
- Easy removal of cells with the innovative delivery wheel ensures only one battery is delivered at a time.
- Maximum product protection thanks to the security seal.
- Secure closure of the packet with lockable dispensing tab.
- Clear color coding for instant recognition of your battery type.
- Environmentally friendly
Signia hearing aid batteries are only activated when the protective tab is removed. The protective tab should therefore only be removed around 5 minutes before inserting the battery into the hearing aid.
An empty battery should never be left in the hearing aid any longer than necessary. Please ensure environmentally friendly disposal of the batteries.
Never allow batteries to come into contact with metal objects when stored as this will cause it to discharge. Store the batteries in the packaging provided.